Finally! A fast, simple way to tune all of your management packs and solve the problem of alert noise.
If you’ve ever spent days explaining to teams what’s monitored on their servers and hours implementing overrides only to be told that SCOM is still too noisy, you’ll know why we created Easy Tune.
SCOM is known for management packs that provide in-depth monitoring in provides for Microsoft and other enterprise technologies, but often the management packs offer too much detail. To be successful with SCOM, you have to tune SCOM.
- Enables you to apply best practices created by the community
- Makes it easy to explain what level of monitoring was applied to any workload
- Removes the need for creating overrides one at a time
Avoids the sprawl of overrides across multiple management packs
Get started with these simple steps:
- Download the Easy Tune MP, which introduces a new tuning UI in the SCOM console
- For each of your monitored technologies (such as SQL Server 2016) choose the desired level of monitoring: discovery only, essential, balanced or full. You can set a global monitoring level, and levels for different groups if needed
- Click to apply the monitoring level
- Easy Tune does the rest! No need to manually create management packs or overrides
Easy Tune is provided as a free download. We believe every SCOM deployment should be tuned this way.
Looking for more tuning awesomeness?
Check out Easy Tune PRO, which extends Easy Tune to offer:
- Migration tools to clean-up your existing overrides, perfect for when you build your new SCOM 2019 management group
- PowerShell automation to integrate tuning into your workflows
- Configuration drift detection to alert you to any deviations from the monitoring levels you’ve defined
- Time-of-day alerting to adjust your thresholds and rules according to your business schedules